On July 31, Alaska State Troopers dispatch received a report of a leak and explosion at a home on Rosie Creek Road near the Chena Pump intersection. Chena Goldstream Fire & Rescue responded and there was no fire by the time crews arrived but the inside of the cabin was burned where the propane ignited. Five persons in the home were injured and transported to Fairbanks Memorial Hospital with injuries, two potentially life-threatening. The Fire Marshal’s Office continues to investigate.
Report taken from Alaska State Troopers Dispatch and WebCenter 11.com.
Propane Safety Tips
If you smell gas – Immediately extinguish all smoking materials and open flames; Get Everyone out of the area where you suspect the gas is leaking. Turn off the gas supply valve of your propane tank IF IT IS SAFE TO DO SO. Once away from the leak, contact your propane supplier or if you cannot reach them call 911. Do not return to the area until your propane retailer, emergency responder, or qualified service technician determines it is safe to do so.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an explosion, you should seek legal counsel. Call the personal injury attorneys at Ringstad Law Office, P.C. to see how we can help.