2 Vehicle Collision Involving a Semi on Parks Highway
On January 17, Alaska State Troopers responded to Mile 171 of the Parks Highway near Cantwell AK for a two vehicle collision. The Collision involved a 2002 Kenworth semi and a 2011 Dodge pickup. Due to icy road conditions the Dodge pickup lost control of the vehicle causing it to crossover into the oncoming lane of traffic. The semi-truck tried to avoid the Dodge truck but was unsuccessful. The two vehicles collided. There was minor damage to both of the vehicles but both had to be towed from the scene. Neither of the drivers were injured in the collision. Both were wearing their seatbelts.
Report taken from Alaska State Troopers Dispatch.
Passenger Safety Tip
- Make no assumptions about what other drivers are going to do. The only thing you can assume about another driver is that they might not have control of their vehicle 100% of the time. Pay attention at all times to oncoming traffic.
- Always buckle up before driving or riding in a car. This goes for everyone in the vehicle, whether you’re sitting in the front or the back.
- Wear the lap belt low across the hips and below your stomach.
- Wear the shoulder belt over your collarbone, away from your neck. It should cross over your chest. In most new cars, you can adjust shoulder belts to improve their height and fit.
- A seat belt that works properly will keep you at a safe distance from the dashboard and the airbag. For more information about staying safe in a car with airbags, read our Airbag Safety Tips.
- Children should never sit in the front passenger seat until they reach at least age 13.
- Secure all young children in child safety seats. For more about staying safe when it comes to car seats and booster seats, read our Car Seat Safety Tips.
- If you’re pregnant and riding in a car, make sure the safety belt is snug against your hips. Loose belts can cause broken ribs or injuries to your belly. Never put a lap belt across your stomach when you’re pregnant.
If you or someone you know has been in an accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to the personal injury lawyers at Ringstad Law Office, P.C. as soon as possible.